Really nice short essay on choosing kindfulness over selfishness, engaging the loving struggle rather than the violent conflict.
- Struggle Falling Away: Love Ikeithwaynebrown.com)
- War (chriswombaker.wordpress.com)
- Selfish fruits (kingofkingsblog.com)
- Restorative Justice at Work: Reducing Violence at Chicago’s Fenger High School (theadlerschool.wordpress.com)
- Face to Face Explores Innovative Approach to Justice; Special Screening at Riverside Superior Court of Award-Winning Film on March 15th (prweb.com)
- Radical Compassion: Restorative Justice Program Meets Needs of Both Victims and Perpetrators (alternet.org)
Originally posted on Earthling Opinion:
–by Sharon Salzberg (Mar 15, 2013)
A friend of mine, at the end of a retreat, offered a provocative reflection that intrigued and inspired me. After looking intensively at her inner experience for nine days of meditation and seeing many of her life choices in a brand new light, she commented, “If you really want to be a rebel, practice kindness.” [...]
I think she was absolutely right about kindness and rebellion.