What does the future hold, not only for the great hoard of folk who may not keep ahead of the ever-widening techno-chasm, but also the banks of thinkers/creators who have until now been busy at encoding the Book of Life?
So you can imagine a civilization in which there are these bright little sparks of human level intuition and creativity and insight that are separated by vast stretches of algorithmically accessible problems. And there’s a lot of occupations and businesses, where the successful insight on the part of management is figuring out how to do all the stuff you can do without those expensive people, and then what remains are those bright little spots where you need to have the people.
- Vernor Vinge – Foresight and the Singularity – Interview (ieet.org)
- The Future Is Coming: Find Something To Hold Onto (christophereverson.wordpress.com)
- My Interview with Bruce Sterling and Vernor Vinge on Augmented Reality in the Workplace (izabael.com)
- Redefining The Singularity (theratchet.ca)
- Why I’m a Singularity Skeptic (bigthink.com)